My favourite Irish vintage vendor is probably Elsa and Goga, due in no small part to their personal ethos.
Elsa & Gogo aims not to be the biggest, but the very best provider of vintage virtual goodies, always with a personable + unique approach,for Elsa & Gogo believes there is no shame in being small,there is shame in not doing things differently.
Named after 1920s fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli and daughter Gogo,Elsa & Gogo is helmed by Olivia Murphy, a self confessed hunter-gatherer for all things lovely and original.
In the past year, Olivia had expanded her business from offering hard-to-find vintage accessories in pristine condition, adding to that a carefully curated selection of clothing, the bulk of which she sells at markets as well as online.
Elsa and Gogo have very generously given me a nice big prize for all you readers.
- A signed, v-shaped Pierre Cardin pave bracelet. Bloody hell, this is gorgeous. I really wanted to keep it for myself. It’s in perfect condition. Perfect. Like a new pin.
- A pair of purple flower-shaped rhinestone screwback earrings, also in perfect condition. They’re about half an inch across so while shiny, they’re also nice and discreet.
- An upcycled chiffon vintage scarf, decorated with a painterly digital print of a woman and a deer with bead embellishments. The scarf is super-light and slightly sheer with a lovely blue floral pattern.
You can visit http://www.elsaandgogoboutique.ie to see what else is on offer. I’ve heard that there’s a lot of clothing earmarked to drop at the end of the month – I almost cannot wait.
Here’s what you have to do.
1. Subscribe to the blog by email. Just click the button on the top left of the homepage. That way, I’ll be able to contact the winner via email.
2. Leave a comment at the end of this post. Easy as.
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES!
1. Follow @The_Licentiate on twitter and tweet Win Elsa and Gogo jewellery with @The_Licentiate http://thelicentiate.com/2011/09/02/giveaway-elsa-gogo-haul/‘. Don’t worry if it’s too many characters, twitter should automatically shorten it.
3. If you’ve got a blog, blog about the giveaway for an extra entry.
This giveaway is open worldwide.
You must subscribe to the blog to enter.
If you’re leaving extra entries, make sure to leave a link in the comment sections telling me how you entered and what your twitter/facebook/blog links are (delete as relevant). If you don’t leave a comment, I may not know that you’ve entered, and we want to make this as fair as possible! The winner will be picked at random. Competition closes on 15/09/11.