Fancy going shopping in Temple Bar, the hub of vintage shopping in Ireland’s capital? Of course you do! But you might be like me, and are far away from Temple Bar and unable to explore it’s cobbled streets. Oh boo. Put away the Kleenex, this competition is for you – and it’s open worldwide (though I may regret this if I have to pay postage to Australia).
Today’s prize is a lovely floral playsuit from Shotsy Vintage, the newest vintage shop in the ‘Bar which is already rocketing up people’s ‘to visit’ lists. Lets face it, the weather hasn’t been amazing, but this jumpsuit is a fresh slice of summer. But before we get started, here’s a few reasons why I love Shotsy Vintage.
- AFFORDABLE VINTAGE. I can’t stress how hard it is to find a vintage shop that prices garments fairly in the capital. Some vintage vendors are great, others can be cowboys of the Del Boy calibre. Shotsy Vintage fall firmly into the former category.
- The shop is named after Schatzi Paige, as played by Lauren Bacall in How To Marry A Millionaire. This immediately satisfies the vintage film nerd in me.
- The ladies who run the place really know their stuff. They know their stock and, as they say themselves:
Some vintage stores take themselves a bit too seriously and can be stuffy and overpriced. Other outlets seem more like jumble sales than genuine vintage. At Shotsy we put the fun into vintage. The clothes are in great condition, the provenance is clear and the prices affordable.
Vintage clothing is a fashion refuge situated between cheap, disposable,unethical clothing and expensive, luxury and designer brands. At Shotsy, we stock top quality clothes from the 50’s through to the 80’s. Everything in our vast range is hand picked. Our clothes give you the opportunity to own something
unique and to experience the inimitable craftsmanship that belongs to the clothes of the past.
Sound good? Of course it does!
Here are a few more details. The playsuit is very versatile when it comes to size. A size 8 (US4) could easily sinch it in with a belt while the ruched, elasticated sides can easily accommodate up to a 14 (US 10). The bust is similarly accommodating. The picture doesn’t do this jumpsuit justice – it’s fully lined with great structure. I think it’ll be great with thick black tights, a shirt underneath, leather jacket and a beanie in the winter – though that’s just me. It it’s still sunny where you are then it would be nice on its own.
Waist (stretches) – 30′
Bust (also stretches) – 34′
Material – Poly/cotton mix (feels very like cotton though)
Here’s what you have to do.
1. Subscribe to the blog by email. Just click the button on the top left of the homepage. That way, I’ll be able to contact the winner via email.
2. Leave a comment at the end of this post. Easy as.
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES!
1. Follow @The_Licentiate on twitter and tweet ‘I want some free vintage with @The_Licentiate and @ShotsyVintage! http://thelicentiate.com/2011/08/30/giveaway-shotsy-vintage‘. Be nice and follow @ShotsyVintage as well – they’re lovely, so they are.
3. If you’ve got a blog, blog about the giveaway for an extra entry.
If you’re leaving extra entries, make sure to leave a link in the comment sections telling me how you entered and what your twitter/facebook/blog links are (delete as relevant). If you don’t leave a comment, I may not know that you’ve entered, and we want to make this as fair as possible! The winner will be picked at random. Competition closes on 13/09/11.