Soon, there will be Paris and I can stop annoying my boyfriend into making me more of these photocollages.
- Milan didn’t let us down on the glamour front; colours are richer, pants are shinier and a sense of humour is always apparent.
- Mixing textures – leather with tweed, wool with silk, hand-knits with aforementioned shiny-pants material.
- Intense colour pops – from crayola brights at Blumarine to cloying candy colours at Missoni.
- Milan’s glam does have a flip side – and that’s it’s (debatable) overuse of fur and snakeskin, evident on the Gucci catwalk. I’ve stated before that I’m fairly ambivalent towards fur, but seeing this much is a bit like eating too much rich chocolate cake; you feel a bit of disgust at the overindulgence.
- A distinct lack of trousers. Case in point: no pants at Prada.
Pic 4 – Can’t you picture MIA wearing every single item from the D&G show?
Pic 8 – Apart from the whole ‘fur-discomfort’ thing, the Gucci show was beautiful. Drawing inspiration from 70’s era Angelican Huston and Helmot Newton = WIN.
Pic 9 – Marni was my favourite show, which came as a bit of a surprise. Pattern mix-and-matching from the masters.
What are your thoughts on Milan?