I’m not going to lie – I’ve been a bad blogger lately. Inspiration has been low and I’ve come to the end of the broadband contract, so the flat is internetless. And cold. But that’s beside the point. Most of the blog writing has been done in a very dodgy internet cafe near my flat, populated with sleeping winos and people conducting very loud arguments via Skype.
But, and this is a big but, I do have some cool and interesting stuff in the pipeline, which shall be revealed in due time. Here are a few interesting links to show you that I’m still connected to the world in some way and tide the regular readers (thanks guys…) over ’til I get my blogging mojo back.
- I’ve got a facebook profile – fancy being friends?
- Disneyrollergirl revealed! There goes my claim to fame of seeing the back of her head at London Fashion Week in September…
- Free samples of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. This stuff is amazing – the offer is only open to people in the UK and Ireland. Go forth and be moisturised (or accelerate the rate of burn recovery if that’s what floats your boat).
I’m really looking forward to watching this at The Pavilion, Cork tonight. The Way of the Crowd is about the Wigan Casino, which was the epicentre of the Northern Soul scene. When Paul Smith is one of the talking heads, you know it’s going to be interesting. I’m also looking forward to seeing some flash dance moves afterwards. It’s what I imagine I look like when I’m drunk – the reality is much crueler.
- The-Coveted vs.thecoveted drama; get informed and weigh in with your opinion.
- Friend of The Licentiate, Jo Linehan of S-oh S-ew! is competing to be one of Elle Magazine’s next fashion interns – go throw her a vote if you have a spare moment (maybe this way she’ll hire me when she becomes a Big Shot Editor Type).
- I noticed that my column from last week didn’t recieve the same amount of feedback as the others normally do. The views are the same, so I’m wondering if it’s the subject. Do fashion and politics mix? Or is Margeret Thatcher too evil/sacred to comment on? Let me know what you think. Click here to read the column if you haven’t got the foggiest notion what I’m on about.